think about it and imagine...

...it's the thought that counts

Second Chances.

How many times have you screwed up and asked for a second chance? I used to believe that everyone deserves a second chance no matter what. But that was when I was completely naive. Yes, there are many situations out there in which a person is always granted another chance. But there are also circumstances in which a second chance should never be given. 


Some people are given several chances to redeem themselves or to try again. Why? Maybe because the person is either extremely forgiving or insanely stupid. What I mean is, if that person really wants a second chance, then they would do everything in their power to make that chance their last one. Meaning a person who repeatedly has to ask for "one more chance" either really isn't trying to make things right or they don't really care.


There are some situations where even if the person really did want to try again, and they really were ready to give it their all, they still shouldn't be given that chance. I can't name those situations because it is up to the person who is giving the chance to decide. Sometimes it is obvious when a person should or shouldn't be given that another chance and sometimes it is a lot harder to decide what to do. 


We often want second chances. Sometimes we don't deserve them.